Jul 17, 2009

Tabidachi no hi ni (On the Day I set Off ..)



[english translation]
In the classroom, in April,
when the cherry blossoms dance,
as my heart pounds
My eternal friends, that I met
Were innocently delivered to me

On that day, the campus was bustling;
a lot of shining sweat has popped up
amidst the smiles
Sometimes, I hate being honest
We've butted heads, and had our fights
The store that we were regular
customers at after school,
was always a store that sold cheap sweets

I haven't forgotten about it
We linked our fingers, and made a promise
Everyone glitters with sunlight
Before I know it, time has passed,
and today is already graduation day

Everyone will one day set off on a journey,
but I feel that we'll meet again
somewhere before we know it
Don't forget about these shining days

The classroom door that I can't open anymore,
the desk and chairs that don't face
one another anymore
We had a lot of fun on the weekends,
and sometimes we knew love
that was like ectasy
We got in trouble in the morning
for constantly talking
I remember that day that we cried

This uncooling passion that you gave me
Continues to live in my heart
Now, I begin on the path of my hopes;
thanks for everything up 'till today
I say goodbye to the school building that I remember

Now a new door opens,
shutting off those far away months and years
Let's make a flower bloom from a bud
In my ears, I can hear a goodbye song,
holding back the tears that begin to overflow

My friends that have
decided to set off
Have many fleeting
preperations to make
Before I know it, time has passed,
and today is already graduation day
Everyone will one day set off
on a journey,
but I feel that we'll meet again
somewhere before we know it

Don't forget about these shining days
Now, I begin on the path of my hopes;
thanks for everything up 'till today
I say goodbye to the school building
that I remember
Now a new door opens,
shutting off those far away months and years

Let's make a flower bloom from a bud
Let's make a flower bloom from a bud

To All our Graduates .. Omedetou and Congratulations!

4 comments:

angelin said...

good one!!:)

- p c b o n - said...

thanks~~ yessss~!!

Lim said...

Bon Voyage!good luck and take care

Teddy said...

The Beginning of The Ending

On the first day of college,
I walked into the compound looking high at the buildings,
Unfamiliar was the atmosphere to me,
But with exciting anticipation I have for it.

Opening the doors to the classroom,
Unseen faces greeted me,
Some with a smile, some oblivious to the surroundings,
A smile appeared on my faces naturally,
As my instinct brought me to my seat,
Hi I’m ___,
A name you replied I received,
We extended our greetings to the ones nearby,
And exchange words from our origin to what is interesting there.

As time flies by,
The more we know among ourselves,
The more time we spent together,
The stronger the bond grew for each other.

We trespassed into INTI,
For the sake of enjoying ourselves,
To shoot hoops on the Friday evenings,
Our sweat painted water spots on the court,
Tiring it was after each game,
But the smile and laughter on each others’ face told us we could play all night long.

Entertainment together was not uncommon for us,
We enjoyed ‘cheong k’ing’,
We dined together at Asia Café,
We watched movies at the ‘Lion’ city,
We visited Uncle Seng’s,
We Dota’d in the cc so often til we lost count,
‘GG’ & ‘Pawned’ were terms closed to heart.

Even holidays couldn’t separate us,
As the joy of the holidays kept us close,
Redang and Pangkor we conquered,
Pranks we played among each other,
White powdered face were drawn,
Dreadful sleeping patterns were captured on cam,
Though we screamed & shouted for the tricks played,
But we still laughed and giggled to it through the end.

When exam periods crawled closer to us,
Exam syndrome kicks into each of us,
Reading under the desk was peculiar but it was practiced,
Having a messy bed full of books was normal,
Though with all the challenges, we still stormed through them without fear.

The time comes for this chapter of our journey to end,
How short was one and a half year it is we finally knew,
But undeniably a wonderful journey it was,
We now stepped out of college with a stronger bond,
Heading in various directions pursuing our own goals,
And to begin a new chapter in our lives.

Beginning was the times our friendships were forged together,
Ending is the time our friendships remained strong even though we are far apart,
The Beginning of the Ending…
Doesn’t mean there is a beginning and an ending,
But it means true friendship remains forever,
As the ending is actually just another beginning for our continuous friendship…

PS: Seeing you talking to your friends and thinking that you left TUCSJ to move on to another place for a new life gave me this thought about this title “The Beginning of the Ending”… I tried hard to recall everything you used to tell me about your TUCSJ life long ago. Hope I got it correct… The blank is supposed to be your name, but I blanked it so u can fill it in urself.. Hope you like it.. All the best... Take care...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts